What is Change Management?
Change management is a systematic approach to dealing with the transition or transformation of an organisation’s goals, processes or technologies.
When choosing and implementing legal technology, utilising an effective change management plan can help to:
- Control the change
- Communicate the change effectively
- Get buy-in from your team
- Allow people to adapt
- Create successful and sustainable outcomes
If legal technology is not implemented effectively it can create:
- Resistance and/or hostility
- A lack of understanding of the benefits
- Increased costs
Is this course for you?
This course is designed for lawyers, management teams and business leaders to provide an overview of the practical importance of change management for implementing legal technology solutions to successfully facilitate business growth.
This course will allow you to:
- Review the core features of change management within the context of implementing new technology within your firm
- Investigate the foundational principles of stakeholder-centric change management processes
- Evaluate what critical elements impact upon the efficacy of change and its sustainability in your firm
- Create a vision for how you will develop your own personal mastery within your firm
Your Course Instructors
Warren Hero | Chief Information and Digital Officer at Webber Wentzel
Hero was recently nominated by the Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa (IITPSA) as a finalist in the President’s Awards as a Visionary CIO. He is acknowledged as the Enterprise CxO at AFRICACOM 2019 and serves as Digital Transformation Advisor to His Excellency President of Botswana. He was the first of two global Fellows with the International Council for Information Technology in Government Administration (ICA) and is certified as a people change management expert by Change First.
Wendy Naidoo | Change Manager in the Project Management Office at Webber Wentzel
Wendy Naidoo has spent the last 23 years developing a career focusing on change and transition management. She is a registered Change Management Practitioner with APMG and is Prosci certified. Change activities often involve broader project responsibilities, and her Prince 2 certification and extensive project management experience have equipped her to support, as well as lead, on projects.
This course includes:
- 2 hours’ worth of learning with resources for additional study
- Discussion forums – meet colleagues from around the world
- Real-world case studies and scenarios – you will learn by example
- Option to save data – switch off the video and download or read the transcript
- Points towards continuous professional development
- Completion certificate and CDP accreditation certificate
- Self paced – access the course wherever and whenever it suits you
This course is produced in collaboration with Liquid Intelligence Technologies
Liquid Intelligent Technologies is a pan-African technology group present in more than 20 countries, mainly in sub-Saharan Africa. Liquid has firmly established itself as the leading provider of pan-African digital infrastructure.
Liquid Labs, the company’s innovation and partnership arm, has partnered with Africa Legal to develop a series of courses on legal technology. Liquid Labs believes that the power of technology will create a better and brighter future for everyone. For the legal community, technology has the potential to increase access to justice and legal services and create a more diverse and inclusive legal sector.
Lawyers and potential legal service professionals have had to adapt incredibly quickly over the last few years; we’d now like to help the legal community use legal tools more efficiently to realise their true potential.
This course is eligible for 1 CPD point from the United Kingdom CPD Standards Office, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or associated with, professional bodies.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What web browser should I use?
The Open edX platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above.
See our list of supported browsers for the most up-to-date information.
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at junior lawyers, law students, business owners and risk and compliance professionals in Africa.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
Once you are enrolled in the course, you can work through the content at your own pace. Feel free to access any part of the content at any time.
The course should take you about two hours, not including optional activities, discussions and extra reading materials.
How do I access the course?
You need to purchase a seat on the course. To do this please sign in to Africa Legal. If you don’t yet have an account with Africa Legal follow the steps to sign up and then press the enrol button.
Is your employer paying for the course?
Get in touch with our corporate team by emailing email@example.com